Lab and Workshop Technologists (2 Positions) INT-010-12
Algonquin College is one of the largest Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology in Canada providing education in business, advanced technologies, skilled trades, health, community studies, hospitality, media, police and public safety to more than 18,000 full time and 36,000 part time students annually at three campuses in Eastern Ontario. Algonquin continues to expand its international reach with an exciting academic partnership in Saudi Arabia.
The Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority (http://www.sagia.gov.sa) has implemented a long-term economic strategy to create up to 200,000 globally employable and locally employed Saudis by 2023. In May 2008, Cadre was created as SAGIA’s arm to implement the Human Resources Development Strategy for 4 Economic Cities or Regions in Saudi Arabia. This resulted in the creation of Jazan Economic Cities Polytechnic College (JEC PT) near the Red Sea port city of Jazan, Saudi Arabia.
Under Cadre’s direction, JEC PT provides globally competitive, practical vocational and technical training delivered in English. The first two diploma programs(Electrical Engineering Technician and Mechanical Technician – Industrial Millwright) were launched in Jan 2012. Algonquin College has been selected as a key partner to help facilitate the delivery of training programs at JEC PT(http://www.jecpt.com). Due to continued growth in student registration, we are recruiting additional resources to join the current academic team.
As a result, Algonquin College on behalf of Cadre is currently seeking Lab and Workshop Technologists for one a year assignment in Jazan, Saudi Arabia (with the option to renew).
- Selection, installation and maintenance of all mechanical and electrical equipment used for teaching purposes
- Supporting equipment requirements, provide lab monitoring and practical instruction within both the Mechanical Technician – Industrial Millwright and Electrical Engineering Technician Programs
- Oversee the installation and commissioning of new equipment
- Organize and maintain all stores and equipment
- Control and coordinate the distribution of tools, supplies and equipment
- Maintain a safe work environment by:
- Keeping the work area clean
- Ensure equipment is maintained
- Ensure departmental safety policies/procedures are followed and safety concerns or incidents promptly reported to the Chair
- 3 year electrical engineering or mechanical engineering technology diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years work experience
- Ability to develop and maintain an inventory system and predictive maintenance schedule
- Superior troubleshooting skills
- Proven ability to work effectively within a team
- Superior interpersonal skills
Attractive compensation package including annual bonus, travel, accommodation, vacation, benefits, assignment premium as well as comprehensive orientation. If you possess a sense of adventure, are culturally aware and a have a desire to experience Saudi Arabia we want to hear from you! Should you wish to learn more about this exciting opportunity email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com quoting competition #INT-010-12 and where you viewed this posting. We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted