Algonquin College is one of the largest Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology in Canada providing education in business, advanced technologies, skilled trades, health, community studies, hospitality, media, police and public safety to more than 18,000 full time and 36,000 part time students annually at three campuses in Eastern Ontario. Algonquin continues to expand its international reach with an exciting academic partnership in Saudi Arabia.
The Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority (http://www.sagia.gov.sa) has implemented a long-term economic strategy to create up to 200,000 globally employable and locally employed Saudis by 2023. In May 2008, Cadre was created as SAGIA’s arm to implement the Human Resources Development Strategy for 4 Economic Cities or Regions in Saudi Arabia. This resulted in the creation of Jazan Economic Cities Polytechnic College (JEC PT) near the Red Sea port city of Jazan, Saudi Arabia.
Under Cadre’s direction, JEC PT provides globally competitive, practical vocational and technical training delivered in English. The first two diploma programs(Electrical Engineering Technician and Mechanical Technician – Industrial Millwright) were launched in Jan 2012. Algonquin College has been selected as a key partner to help facilitate the delivery of training programs at JEC PT(http://www.jecpt.com). Due to continued growth in student registration, we are recruiting additional resources to join the current academic team.
As a result, Algonquin College on behalf of Cadre is currently seeking Professors – Electrical Engineering Technician Program for one a year assignment in Jazan, Saudi Arabia (with the option to renew).
- Deliver courses using a variety of instructional methodologies, including online and hybrid
- Provide formative and summative evaluative feedback that helps learners assess their progress toward the achievement of learning outcomes
- Select, adapt and design learning experiences appropriate to a variety of learning styles and learning needs
- Assess and implement new technologies for use in a variety of learning environments
- Participate in program team activities, including course development, team meetings, and departmental student events
The Professor is responsible for facilitating and guiding learning and providing an effective learning environment for all students. The professional responsibilities include:
The design/revision/updating of courses, including:
- consulting with program and course administrators and other faculty members, advisory committees and a variety of potential employers and students
- defining learning outcomes and evaluating and validating these outcomes
- specifying and approving learning approaches and necessary resources
- incorporating educational technologies to meet the learning needs of 21st Century students
- reviewing and revising curriculum and participating in professional development activities during non-teaching periods
The teaching of assigned courses, including:
- delivery of regularly scheduled instruction in home department or across departments
- ensuring student awareness of course learning outcomes and evaluation techniques
- providing tutoring and academic advising for students both in and out of class
- providing a learning environment which makes effective use of available resources including educational technologies and the College approved Learning Management System
- evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the student’s work within assigned courses
- the development and creation of a learning environment that is conducive to success for all students
The provision of academic leadership, including:
- providing guidance to students relative to the professors’ teaching assignments
- participating in the work of curriculum and other consultative committees, and departmental/ faculty meetings
- liaising with community members, engaging in program, department and Institution promotion
- remaining current in the field of study and maintain awareness of emerging trends and practices related to teaching and learning in higher education
- Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma or a related field of study or equivalent combination of post secondary education and related practical work experience
- Minimum 3 years in the electrical power industry
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience, or equivalent, preferably in a college setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in curriculum development and in the design of instructional materials
- Experience in use of student management software and learning tools, such as Blackboard
- Ability to use computer software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated knowledge of student success strategies in a post secondary setting
- Ability to work independently and with others to develop and/or adapt learning materials to help learners achieve their goals
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Professor of the 21st Century document as set out in Algonquin College’s preferred teaching competencies document: http://www.algonquincollege.com/col/prof21/
Attractive compensation package including annual bonus, travel, accommodation, vacation, benefits, assignment premium as well as comprehensive orientation. If you possess a sense of adventure, are culturally aware and a have a desire to experience Saudi Arabia we want to hear from you! Should you wish to learn more about this exciting opportunity email email@example.com.
To apply, forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting competition #INT-012-12 and where you viewed this posting. We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted